General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Please help me find the audio for "The Scrum Guide"/I had it before

Please help me find the audio for "The Scrum Guide"/I had it before, and now I cannot locate the aduio.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Empathy should be one of the values of the scrum beyond those already existing

Empathy is an important value to build high performance teams once individuals aren't machines

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. remove the notion of the PO accepting PBI's

In the section on cancelling a sprint there is the text " If part of the work is potentially releasable, the Product Owner typically accepts it".
    This suggests that the PO is the person accepting the work done in the sprint.
    Doing so implicitly makes the PO the Boss of the team. If I can accept or reject your work, I am clearly in a power position towards you. This is not in line with the description of the team and the roles, where the PO is *part of* the Scrum Team.
    In the rest of the Scrum Guide there…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make explicit how many Events there are in Scrum. Is it 4, 5, (or 6 or even 7)?

Please can we make it clearer how many Events there are in Scrum?

Four formal events are listed: (page 5)
    - Sprint Planning
    - Daily Scrum
    - Sprint Review
    - Sprint Retrospective

Then another event is defined (page 9)
    - The Sprint (although not as an inspect and adapt event)

Then under the same Scrum Events heading (page 10) we meet:
    - Cancelling a Sprint (could it be meant to be seen as an Event?)

Then I have read the argument in this area for one other:
    - Product Backlog refinement. Here PBIs are "reviewed and revised" (inspection and adaptation)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. All the scrum starters might find it difficult to digest all the information. May be a small problem can be presented with examples

All the scrum starters might find it difficult to digest all the information. May be a small problem can be presented with examples and templates. For e.g. after daily scrum calls how and where the daily standup notes are published. How they are tracked to closure. May be scrum experts can record a video of various events and compile them and present it. This will be very specific and after understanding the overall framework if anyone watches this then they can easily relate things. This will help people to quickly adopt and expertise scrum.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change "Backlog" To "Options"

Definition of "Backlog" is:

an accumulation of uncompleted work or matters needing to be dealt with

Backlog implies work is uncompleted. Whereas we should encourage the idea and mindset that it is an "option".

Product Backlog changed to Product Options:

Options of feature or capability to be added to product which are to be tested in market.

Sprint Backlog changed to Sprint Options:

Options that teams will try to work on in this sprint.

Improvements Backlog to Improvement Options:

Improvements options identified during retrospectives which can be experimented by the team during the coming sprint.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Correct user guide?

In the guide, under "Scrum events" it says "Once a Sprint begins, its duration is fixed and cannot be shortened or lengthened. The remaining events may end whenever the purpose of the event is achieved, ensuring an appropriate amount of time is spent without allowing waste in the process."
    I believe it should say "whenever the purpose of the sprint is achieved". Should this be corrected?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Retrospective Board

Dedicate part of the team board to share areas of improvement to the process instantly to that board. This will minimize retrospective meeting time as it will be just a review to items already posted to that board

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Additions to Sprint Retrospectives... borrowed from the Nexus Guide

Often retrospectives in Scrum teams are not deep enough and focused enough. One of the tools I use is elements of the Nexus guide to facilitate the scope of retrospectives even in one-team Scrum. I just the following be added to the Scrum Guide in the Sprint Retrospectives section (wordings completely borrowed from the Nexus Guide)

Every Retrospective should address the following
    subjects:
    • Was any work left undone? Did the Sprint generate technical debt?
    • Were all artifacts, particularly code, frequently (as often as every day) successfully integrated?
    • Was the software successfully built, tested, and deployed often enough…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Re-estimate incomplete Sprint goals... in Sprint Review

The Scrum guide talks about the cancellation of a Sprint. In that context it asks to "All incomplete Product Backlog Items are re-estimated and put back on the Product Backlog."

Would this not be true for items not completed in a Sprint as well? So I suggest that this be added to the Sprint Review as well so that the Product Backlog is accurate at the end of the Sprint (since in most cases refinement should be already completed).

Optionally, this can be added in Sprint Planning as a step for items not completed in a previous Sprint (though this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How inclusive is a "Scrum Master"?

8 March 2019, as we celebrate International Women's Day today, a thought comes to my mind with the term "Scrum Master" and how inclusive it is? Before I proceed, it makes sense to clarify that the term Master utilised by the Scrum Guide addresses a skilled practitioner of a particular art or activity.

Sadly, our search engines and dictionaries don't do enough justice to this term. The most widely accepted meaning for the word Master as per our favourite search engines and dictionaries still call it "a man who has people working for him, especially servants or slaves"; other meanings…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Revise the character "informal" from the sprint review meeting.

First the description then a suggestion below it.
    Description:
    In the Scrum guide v. Nov-2017. In Scrum Review section the text contains: "This is an informal meeting, not a status meeting, and the presentation of the Increment is intended to elicit feedback and foster collaboration."

I can't experience any practical effect of the word 'informa meeting'. As English is not my native language, I am not sure if 'informal meeting' has any effect on others. I also asked some coaches,trainers,other scrum masters about what is ment by it. I know the translation of the word, but does it affect our…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Short version of Scrum Guide. 5 pages, not 17. It can be printed on every wall, even memorized.

Current version of Scrum Guide is perfect. But we can additionaly create short version. It can fit in 5 pages I bielive. Then it can be printed on wall of every scrum room (we can even send a nice printed copy for free) in the world. And 2nd benefit - it can be memorized by every Scrum master.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can you please have a separate section for Scrum Master role and responsibility? Other than facilitating what are other responsibilities.

Is Scrum master just facilitating and coaching. Just like project manager has bigger role in PMP methodology. Can you clarify Scrum master role. I don't see much value given in scrum world.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. List the techniques are used in Scrum by the scrum team (for eg techniques used in arranging the product back log)

If this includes the tools and techniques used by the scrum master and product owner will be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Product Backlogs are actually prioritised not ordered.

The change of Product Backlog from prioritised to ordered is actually an error. Priority means "the fact or condition of being regarded or treated as more important than others."

This is what we do with PBs. Whether because of risk, or value, or technology - We always work on the most important first.

Ordered just means "has an order" - In that way we could use scrum and legitimately work on the meaningless nice to haves rather than the key aspects of the product.

This also over empowers the PO role as it means they can decide in totality without…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve the 3 suggested questions for the Daily Scrum

I will just start by saying that I don't like the 3 questions being present on the Scrum Guide.
    That being said, as a PST, I've been focusing on how to move people away from the status report mindset since they are so attached to the questions.
    Here is my take:

Currently the questions are:
    What did I do yesterday that helped the Development Team meet the Sprint Goal?
    What will I do today to help the Development Team meet the Sprint Goal?
    Do I see any impediment that prevents me or the Development Team from meeting the Sprint Goal?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Revise some statements about DoD to make clear who owns it

I was having a discussion today with some students and they were confused by some wording used on the Scrum Guide.
    There is two sections on the scrum guide that uses "Scrum Team’s current definition of "Done"" and "Scrum Team’s definition of "Done"" and then we go on about the Development team defining de DoD at the end of the guide.
    The student seemed very confused by it, because both cases come before the clarification that the DoD is defined by the Dev Team.

Even though I get what we meant by "scrum team's definition of done" I suggest rewording…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve Flow of Sprint Planning

In the PSM and PSPO there are great flow diagrams for the Sprint Planning, where Definition of Done and Retrospective Commitments are part of the input for the Sprint Planning. This is inconsistent with the way it is now described in the Scrum Guide.

From Scrum Guide, section Sprint Planning, subsection Topic One: What can be done this Sprint?
    "The input to this meeting is the Product Backlog, the latest product Increment, projected capacity of the Development Team during the Sprint, and past performance of the Development Team."

Suggestion: remove "the latest product Increment" (btw: in the rest of the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. improve the daily scrum questions to support "best effort" in the sprit of continuous improvement

Human behavior is established when you focus on "doing your best" every day according to Marshall Goldsmith "Triggers" being one of the sources.

I suggest that the three questions be changed to exhibit that ask (just like we have moved commitment to forecast of Sprint goals

What best effort did I do yesterday that helped the Development Team meet the Sprint Goal?
    What best effort will I do today to help the Development Team meet the Sprint Goal?
    Do I see any impediment that prevents me or the Development Team from our best effort towards meeting the Sprint Goal?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base