I suggest you ...

Include the Definition of Done in the Scrum Artifacts section

The DoD adheres to the definition of artifact (work or value to provide transparency and opportunities for inspection and adaptation.) Promoting it to artifact would make the guide tidier (presenting everything as a role/artifact/event,) facilitate the understanding and make it more difficult to forget it.

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jose Luis Soria shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daniel Wilhite commented  · 

When there is the possibility of an Organizational DoD it no longer becomes an artifact to me because all of the other artifacts are controlled by the individual Scrum Teams. DoD serves more like a Service Level Agreement (for lack of better term) because it is an agreement between the team and individuals outside of the team on how everyone will understand something is "done". I like the way the guide has it currently. It has actually helped me when explaining things to some people new to Scrum.

• PSM Guy commented  · 

"Decisions to optimize value and control risk are made based on the perceived state of the artifacts." the Definition of "Done" is a key aspect in optimizing value and controlling risk.

• David Sabine commented  · 

I'm on the fence about this. I can foresee good outcomes if DoD is called an artifact -- but it's more "an understanding" than "an artifact".

• Ludwig commented  · 

I give you my vote, because I have experienced that the definition of done is a critical part of the framework which many teams have big problems with. Many attempts to build successful products fail because the definition of done is either not being fulfilled or not complete.

Feedback and Knowledge Base