General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Sentence in Scrum Guide requires multiple increments for each Sprint

"The purpose of each Sprint is to deliver Increments of potentially releasable functionality that adhere to the Scrum Team’s current definition of “Done.” "

Suggest instead:
    "The purpose of each Sprint is to deliver **one or more** Increments of potentially releasable functionality that adhere to the Scrum Team’s current definition of “Done.”

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Scrum Team pattern(s) for successful scaling

In an ideal world, a team owns it dependencies. As a larger organization adopts Scrum and leverages across a complex product / services environment where many products are leveraging 10's to 100's of services, describe pattern(s) for how teams can effectively organize to ensure their service can scale to meet the need of its users. We have some complex services that require many Scrum teams to deliver the service. Complicating matters, there are many products consuming this service and the service teams delivering the service are always a bottleneck. We've tried various patterns and have one that works now, but…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. appoint successors for Ken and Jeff, who should further adapt the Scrum Guide

I know it's a creepy thought, but we all know life is short, and all sorts of things can happen.

In the future those people who will be new to Scrum, will find it reassuring to know that the responsibility for further advancing the Scrum Guide was granted jointly and personally by both Jeff and Ken to certain individuals, who will be the new Scrum Leaders in the absence of the founding fathers.

In other words, putting Ken' and Jeff's successors name in the Scrum Guide will make it clear who picks up the torch and takes Scrum further.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Ken Schwaber responded

What a creepy thought. Jeff and I are in top health and plan on living another forty years.
    Maybe we’ll look into this in 20 years.

4. Make clear that Scrum promotes a sustainable development

The iterations in Scrum are named "Sprints". I think this can lead to the false assumption that the developers are supposed to work as fast as they can and exhaust themselves during a sprint.
    In real life, when I'm doing a "sprint", I'm normally running as fast as I can. This is okay for a single sprint, but doing this for a couple of sprints it would lead to my physical breakdown very fast.

Maybe you can add something like this:
    "In a sprint the development team works with a pace that they can sustain indefinitely over multiple sprints."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Clarify whether the ScrumMaster is active in development or not

Conflicting opinions have been expressed (both in our team and in Scrum Alliance articles) as to whether the ScrumMaster is also active in development (e.g. in writing code). It would be useful to have a clear answer (yes, no, unspecified) so that we can stop discussing what Scrum is and get down to whether it is true-Scrum that we want or something resembling it.

https://www.scrumalliance.org/community/articles/2013/february/the-case-for-a-technical-scrummaster

https://www.scrumalliance.org/community/articles/2013/december/playing-the-scrummaster-role

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Correct user guide?

In the guide, under "Scrum events" it says "Once a Sprint begins, its duration is fixed and cannot be shortened or lengthened. The remaining events may end whenever the purpose of the event is achieved, ensuring an appropriate amount of time is spent without allowing waste in the process."
    I believe it should say "whenever the purpose of the sprint is achieved". Should this be corrected?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. All Scrum Team members should be allowed to answer in the Daily Scrum

Near the end of the "Daily Scrum" sections it says: "The Scrum Master enforces the rule that only Development Team members participate in the Daily Scrum."

This implies that the PO and the SM can NOT be transparent (in the DS) about what they did, and what problems they had.

This implies (to many) that the Doers are giving a status update to the PO and SM.

It is better for overall Team chemistry that the PO and SM are also transparent.

It is also necessary that they ALL realize that only when all pull together will they have the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rename Sprint Review to Product Review

The Sprint cadence happen to be the frequency of this event in Scrum, but the main thing to inspect, isn't that the Product? What's in there (the increment)? What's out there?

The current name, Sprint Review, may indicate that the Sprint that's almost at an end, and the work performed in that Sprint, is the primary focus of this event. I'm suggesting that's the wrong focus - the thing we're really focusing on is the product, how it's doing and what we want to do with it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Prescribe a productivity model that is not just Velocity or Story Point based but focused on timely delivery of tasks *within* the Sprint.

That is, give priirity to delivering tasks as per estimate over tasks delivered per Sprint as measure of high productivity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Short version of Scrum Guide. 5 pages, not 17. It can be printed on every wall, even memorized.

Current version of Scrum Guide is perfect. But we can additionaly create short version. It can fit in 5 pages I bielive. Then it can be printed on wall of every scrum room (we can even send a nice printed copy for free) in the world. And 2nd benefit - it can be memorized by every Scrum master.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Merge the Sprint Review & Retrospective to a single meeting

Let teams decide how much time that they spend on each one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Agile for individual work

The Guidebook says the agile framework is effective for appropriate number of team members, but I think the principle, such as putting emphasis on transparency or priority, also will be effective for the tiny team or even for the person working individually.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Review paragraph on Inspection (page 4)

" Scrum users must frequently inspect Scrum artifacts and progress toward a Sprint Goal to detect undesirable variances. Their inspection should not be so frequent that inspection gets in the way of the work. Inspections are most beneficial when diligently performed by skilled inspectors at the point of work."

(1) Who are the Scrum *users*? This isn't defined in the guide. This is the only occurrence of the word "users" in the Scrum Guide. Shouldn't be changed to Scrum Teams?

(2) "inspect Scrum artifacts and progress toward a Sprint Goal..." seems insufficient. How about processes, practices, interactions, etc? Shouldn't be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dear Sir/Mam Greetings!! Hope you are doing great!!  I have 9+ Year Experience Designing in eBook CreateSpace/ePub/Kindle Mobi/Fixed Lay

Dear Sir/Mam

Greetings!! Hope you are doing great!!

 I have 9+ Year Experience Designing in eBook CreateSpace/ePub/Kindle Mobi/Fixed Layout Conversion.
     I can deliver good product on time. I can work from any Kind of source (Microsoft Word, PDF, InDesign, Quark, Pagemaker, etc).
     I always test files in iPad/Kindle/Nook before sending. I can deliver project on time with quality and till now we have done 5000+ ebook.
     I also do it Amazon Kindle MOBI eBook Project, I will give you this format files.

* Mobi Kindle for (KDP Amazon) --- Final file will be tested on iPad/KindleFire…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. List the techniques are used in Scrum by the scrum team (for eg techniques used in arranging the product back log)

If this includes the tools and techniques used by the scrum master and product owner will be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Clarify chronology of events

In the English language version of 2017 Guide, it is unclear if there is an intended order to the four events and, if so, what that order is. Can Sprint Planning happen at the end of the Sprint for an upcoming Sprint or should it happen at the beginning for the current Sprint? Or is either acceptable within Scrum's framework? The intent/rule for event order needs clarified.

In most places that describe Sprint Planning, the Guide says it is done for "the Sprint" which presumably means the current Sprint and implies Sprint Planning is the first of the four events…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)