General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add Goal? to the first sentence (a.), it is a typo.

a.What did I do yesterday that helped the Development Team meet the Sprint
    b.What will I do today to help the Development Team meet the Sprint Goal?
    c.Do I see any impediment that prevents me or the Development Team from meeting the Sprint Goal?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you please have a separate section for Scrum Master role and responsibility? Other than facilitating what are other responsibilities.

Is Scrum master just facilitating and coaching. Just like project manager has bigger role in PMP methodology. Can you clarify Scrum master role. I don't see much value given in scrum world.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. to correct the faulty Sprint Goal's objective set description

At Section "Sprint Goal" of Scrum Guide, correct the 1st sentence:
    "...through the implementation of Product Backlog." faulty
    "...through the implementation of Sprint Backlog." correct

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. elaborate on risks of applying a "Ready" state

applying the "Ready" state brings a strong risk of entering a Contract Game between Dev Team and stakeholders.
    a "Definition of Ready" accelerates the risk.
    some sort of "footnote" might help people to understand this and avoid entering into the trap.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tighten up "Helping the Development Team to create high-value products;"

"Helping the Development Team to create high-value products;" is a phrase ascribed as a task for the SM. It seems a bit vague in it's context. If what you mean is that the SM does this when he encourages and teaches all the Scrum rules, then I understand. But in it's current context it seems like another action to perform but an action that isn't really defined.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Business loyalty to the authors of the Scrum Guide

Dear Jeff and Ken,
    Please find for your review and possible comments another graphical representation of the content of the Scrum Guide.

As per CC BY SA, your names have been mentionned and the graphic placed under CC BY SA.

For business loyalty, your respective companies ScrumInc and Scrum.org are mentionned with links to them.

http://mutation-moa-moe.blogspot.fr/2017/12/infograhie-scrum-guide.html

Best regards
    Tru

Tru Do-Khac; Paris, France

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Using Scrum for data mining/analytics projects

It would be extremely useful to post some tips on how to successfully implement Scrum on data mining/analytics projects, particularly for those that follow a data mining framework like CRISP-DM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. change the name and content of the "Sprint Backlog" as it is not the same sort of thing as the "Product Backlog"

As someone new to Scrum I find the naming of the Sprint Backlog is very confusing.

Comparing it to the Product Backlog, I initially expected it to consist of a list of Sprint Backlog items: i.e. Product Backlog Items which were to be "done" during the Sprint.

However it also contains the plan for delivering the Product Increment and realising the Sprint Goal. This does not seem to be reflected in the word "Backlog" at all.

There is also the SPRINT GOAL which is an important part of the Sprint, but is NOT included in the Sprint Backlog. In fact…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. You don't turn the Product Backlog into Increments, but the items on the Product Backlog

On pag 7, at the first bullet of the paragraph "The Development Team" the text says "...how to turn Product Backlog into Increments...".
    I suggest the word "items" is added to the text. So then it would be "...how to turn Product Backlog items into Increments..."

Paragraph "Product Backlog" teaches us that "The Product Backlog is an ordered list of everything that is known to be needed in the product." So the Product Backlog is a list with items, and the items are turned into the increment. The list itself is not turned into an increment, but remains a list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Remove process discussion from Sprint Review

The Scrum Guide contains a long list of topics that should be addressed in the Sprint Review. One of them is: "The Development Team discusses what went well during the Sprint what problems it ran into, and how those problems were solved". This should be done in the Retrospective.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Advocate smaller and more frequent retrospectives, to ephasize the value of continuous improvemenent

In dysfunctional teams, a strong emphasis is placed on the daily stand-up, because it is a window through which management can micromanage. There is a tendency to plan to full capacity, with no slack, a tendency to apply pressure to the team to deliver, and hence a tendency for the team to fall behind. In many teams, to "save time", the retrospective is held infrequently or dropped, or has no useful outcome because problems are able to go unchecked and grow, becoming harder to get traction on solving.

If scrum were to advocate making retrospectives smaller, and more frequent, it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Suggestion for improving the way information about Scrum is presented

It would be great if there was a graphic summary of the Scrum roles, artifacts, events,etc. to supplement the text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Scrum Master should understand the domain or product on which team is working

I have been observing in one of the Scrum teams that they tried introducing a new Scrum Master who is unaware of the technology and product on which the team is working. Scrum Master contributes only by asking team members to put comments on their user stories, estimate them and sending mails and calendar invites. After 3 months of waiting (where I assumed that Scrum Master will be able to develop product understanding and contribute to team), I see team is still not able to get even a single benefit from Scrum Master. Due to this, even some team members…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. SCRUM has two different types of retrospective

We found our retrospectives only skimmed the surface of our our issues where so we did a retrospective that looked at what our principles should be for our Scrum team we discovered some deep niggly interteam problems that infact were easily solved once we identified them. We has a session in three parts: theoretical review of the SCRUM guide (avoiding discussions about how we do it) while at the same time people noted themes and issues on postis, then we grouped our postits into the themes and for each wrote down problems and solutions, then we summarised it in a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Break up the "Increment" paragraph to make it more skimmable.

The paragraph on Increment discusses backlog items completed.
    And that it must be "done"
    And that the PO decides whether to release.

This would stand out better as three small paragraphs than one big one. The typographical change would help prevent people from missing the point about doneness and the point about release.

The text doesn't need to change other than to break into paragraphs for easier consumption.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hindi translation of Scrum Guide

I am doing Hindi translation of Scrum Guide. What is the process to make it avialble on scrumguide.org

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change "if appropriate and not in conflict with product or organizational standards."

In the Sprint Retrospective section of the Scrum Guide it says "During each Sprint Retrospective, the Scrum Team plans ways to increase product quality by improving work processes or adapting the definition of "Done", if appropriate and not in conflict with product or organizational standards."

I feel that the words "if appropriate and not in conflict with product or organizational standards." are driven by corporate bureaucracy thinking and pressures from corporates on Scrum.

What happens if those "standards" are the essence of what is destroying Scrum? If those standards are the things that are impeding the team, surely they should…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. explicitly add that Scrum is an agile framework

change definition of Scrum adding it is an agile framework

Scrum (n): A(n agile) framework within which people...

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base